Monday, May 25, 2009

Dreaming

I wanted to become an author since the 8th grade, after doing a Career I Search project. "Do what you want to do, do what you LOVE to do," my English teacher told us over and over when she gave us the assignment. I didn't really know what I really enjoyed doing until I thought about it during that year. I felt really motivated by my teacher's words when I realized that I loved to write. However, I'm only human, I have my doubts. I hear all those people say degrading things about books they've read, like Twilight, saying stuff like, "It's the worst thing I've ever read!" or other nasty comments. I know there are just books certain people just don't like, but I really don't think they should badmouth it the way they do. It doesn't just irritate me, but frankly, it scares me a little. I'm one of those sensitive people who cry easily. Of course, I'm not waiting for some kind of miracle that'll make everyone who reads my future books (if any) will love it. Nevertheless, all that critism frightens me a little. But it's the real world, what can I do except try to toughen up? If you haven't noticed, I have a bit of a doubt problem in my capability of writing books. I write stories right now, but once again, I doubt my ability in publishing and making a living off of writing stories. I mean, there's the economic problem, too; that's not helping me much with my confidence.
At times of doubt like this, I wish I knew what would become of my future. Unless some genius invents the time machine, or I reach that point of my life where I have a better idea of where my life is headed, I'll just keep dreaming the outcome and working towards it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home