Friday, July 3, 2009

Without a Shred of Doubt

So today, I woke up at 12PM to make sandwiches. Nice way to start off a day and a blog post! Anyhow, so Susan, a friend of Michelle's that I became friends with in Biology class, randomly invited me to go to a pot luck after cross country this one time. There would be a bunch of people from Tezlaff who I don't really know, but I was just like, sure, why not? So since it was a pot luck, obviously, I had to bring food, but Susan didn't do a great job at organizing and seeing who was going to bring what, so I just made sandwiches. The little get together was at Heritage Park at 2PM, so I just chewed on one of the sandwiches I made while watching some great anime. "One Piece" is awesome, I love it. I used to keep up with it, but then I stopped randomly, and now I'm starting up again from the very beginning. There's like 400 episodes, though, so far. I wonder what's taking so long for it to end, but I just love "One Piece", I'd be so sad if it ended. A lot of animes that I watch end at the 12th episode, so it's nice for one that I watch is really long. "Bleach" is pretty long, too, but I think it's going to end soon.
Stepping away from my little anime rant and back to my day, I was wandering around Heritage like a lost puppy. Susan told me it'd be near the baseball field, but there were so many people sitting in groups and such that I wasn't too sure where they were. I called Susan's cell phone, but one of the Tezlaff people I don't know, I think it was Jee Soo or Michelle (not the one I know), picked up and was attempting to help me get there. Apparently it was easier to just tell them where I was then where they were. Since I was standing near the baseball field alone, the group of people there stood up and waved to me. When I got there, there was a bunch of mats spread out under a tree, and I realized that most of the people already came but just off doing errands like filling up the water guns or water balloons. Susan and Julia, another person I know from cross country, got out of a car and was carrying buckets of water balloons. After everyone gathered up, I had to ask Michelle (Pang) for everyone's name. I don't know anyone's last name, but the people who gathered together were Michelle (Pang), Susan, Julia, Abraham, Young, Ian, Jee Soo, Michelle, Heidi, Allyson, Amanda, Edward, Joshua, and Shawn. It was pretty fun. We first had to eat because Michelle (Pang) was dying from hunger since she didn't eat lunch. Then we had an epic balloon fight where we all ganged up on Susan, and she was just like, "Why me?" She ran crazy fast and everyone just chased after her. She was totally soaked afterwards. I managed to stay pretty dry, but then Allyson and Julia decided I was too dry. After running around like crazy people, they finally got me wet. Then people set up the little volleyball net that Michelle (Pang) brought, while Susan, Julia, Allyson, and I ran over to Allyson's house, which was really close by, to make more water balloons. When we came back, everyone was either sitting on the laid out mats or playing volleyball. Since we came back with the real fun, we started it off with a water balloon toss. You know, where you toss the water balloon back and forth between two partners to see if they'll drop/break it or not. After that, we armed ourselves with the water balloons and water guns again to go out to war. It was soaked more this time, but that just means it was more fun for me. Occasionally throughout the day, I'd go on a little "break" from the festivity and eat a brownie or two. Amanda made them and they are so good! She left around 4PM, though, because of a basketball game and left them for us to eat. I brought them home with me since no one else wanted to, and because they were just that good. Enough about the food, the day has not yet finished. Well, Joshua actually didn't come until around 4PM--apparently he was out eating with his family or something--and everyone decided to take pictures in remembrance of the day. At first, everyone was being crazy and wanted us to make a pyramid, but that wasn't very successful. After a few crazy shots of us jumping in the air and just scrunched together in a group, a bunch of people started to leave. It came down to a small group of people, me, Michelle (Pang), Michelle, Susan, Julia, Jee Soo, Shawn, Joshua, and Edward. We played this weird Rock-Paper-Scissors Truth-or-Dare game where the loser has to do a Truth-or-Dare. Edward lost the first time, so we made him propose to Shawn and kiss his hand. It was pretty hilarious, yet kind of sad since it was embarrassing for them to do that in public. Well, we played that game again a few times, Michelle had to choose one guy amongst the group who she'd prefer the most to marry, Joshua had to call Susan's stalker and tell him to back off. I managed to stay in the safe zone, so I didn't have to do anything, just laugh and be amused at what everyone else was doing. Later we just went in a circle doing truths and such. My truth wasn't very interesting. To me that is. They just asked if I was a guy, which girl in the group I'd choose to go out with. Automatically I pointed to Michelle. Everyone was like, "Really?" for a moment, but then I explained how I've known her since kindergarten and everyone immediately understood. Then we just sat around talking, but it was maingly just Joshua talking. I used to think he was a bit annoying when we had P.E. together, but today, I thought he was really interesting to listen to. It wasn't like he was hogging up all the talking, but it was kind of like he was the entertainer and we were the audience. Once in a while, we'd have our moment to talk, exchanging interesting comments, then it'd turn back to Joshua. It's not like he's just talking to fill up the silence either. I really don't like people who just can't appreciate a moment of silence. Some people just feel the need to always be talking or making someone else to talk a lot. It wasn't like that with that group. The day was relaxed, but still fun. I had just met a lot of these people, and yet I didn't feel uncomfortable around them. I assume that these are just the kind of people Michelle is drawn to. I still remember a particular conversation I had with her. I was telling her how there was a lot of other people I knew from elementary school at Carmenita and I hung out with them. Michelle said something along the lines of how I was lucky and that she had to make new friends among people from other schools at Tezlaff. But I had no doubt that the people Michelle chose as friends are great people. Now I know, after meeting a good amount of them, that they seem to be just that, wonderful people. I hope I'll be able to become closer friends with them gradually.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home