Saturday, October 24, 2009

Continue Living

Eiichiro Oda is truly a magnificent genius. And for those of you who don't know, Eiichiro Oda is the writer/illustration of One Piece, my favorite anime series. Now, why is he a genius? Simply because of the world he built. One Piece is such a wonderful anime that depicts a world of evil and good from all sides. Dreams that are unimaginable that can only be achieved by, yes, helping each other. I remember a line the main character, Luffy, said in episode 42, after Arlong the merman said cockily that humans were useless beings. "Of course I don't know anything about swords! (Zoro*) I can't navigate either. (Nami*) I can't cook. (Sanji*) I can't even lie. (Usopp*) I know I need others to help me if I can keep on living!"
*Names of Luffy's current pirate crew, or his "nakama" which can be translated to family, friends, team, etc.
Anyhow, I just thought that was something significant amongst several things Luffy has said.
The One Piece world is also something I find absolutely amazing. The islands that Luffy visits are teeming with adventure and wonders. Places that are commonly overused by media and places that are so unique and original, they can put you into shock. And with each place, there's always unforgettable characters, a sad history, a unique way of life. There's so many things that makes me laugh and cry over. Too many things to mention. Just about a million things could be said about One Piece, the world Eiichiro Oda has created, but there's nothing that seems to fit how meaningful and enjoyable of a show it is to watch.
Somehow, with each episode, makes me feel like life's worth living for after all.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home