Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Nory's Song

I'm posting a lot today. Anyhow, while I was putting up the lyrics, I was randomly reminded of a poem I recently made. I think it's pretty good. It's based on the main character, who is obviously Nory, in my story, Daemon's Children, though.
"Nory's Song"

I'd spread my wings, but they're full of holes, just like my heart.

I wish I was free
Enough to fly,
Or at least to be able to spread my wings,
Before yearning for the sky.
The wind is as gentle as it is vicious.
It brushes the leaves,
Only to whip it at my face.
And I realized that leaving the nest
Was more frightening
Then I imagined.
I perched on the edge curiously,
Only to be shoved roughly.
When suddenly I realized
I was falling.
Panic opened my wings,
But efforts remained efforts,
And no results were made.
Then I landed
On your comforting palm
That you held out
Especially for me.
I wondered why you saved me
And why you went out of your way
To put me under your wing.
You nursed me,
You loved me,
And yet in my eyes
You were as mysterious
As I,
An ugly duckling among the swans,
The black sheep among the herd.
I'll remember forever
That day where you held out your hand
Just for me.
What is this feeling
That stirs in my heart.
I was cured of more than just
Weakness and fear.
You placed me back on that
Looming branch
With you hands spread out below me.
I spread my wings,
Because there was no longer a crowd.
I jumped,
Because your push was more gentle.
I flew,
Because you loved me.
And I'll remember forever
That day where you held out your hand
Just for me.

*I drew that picture randomly when I couldn't sleep at night. It's one of my ideas for Nory's look. On the cheek is supposedly a tattoo, but I failed at coming up with a design, so it's just an outline.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home