Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bloop (er)

So let me tell you of my near death experience. It was after cross country today when Hee Soo and I went to Yasmin's aunt's house to go swimming. At first, we sat around, stealing the food there, and then after changing, we finally went to go swimming. I was staring at the pool water for a little and turned around to look at Hee Soo and Yasmin. However, Yasmin had an evil smile on her face and she proceeded to push me into the pool. "Wait! I'm not mentally prepared yet!" were my final words before submerging. It was probably a good ten seconds before Yasmin was forced to jump in to save me. Yup, I was like, drowning. Before you judge me, I haven't swam in about five years! And yeah, I came along because I had strange urges to go swimming again. Anyhow, as a random statement, I didn't see my life flashing before my eyes. Instead, I was just attempting to swim to the surface, which failed to work, and I was thinking, "I wonder how long it's going to take Hee Soo and Yasmin to figure out that I'm going to need help." Heh, but then after that happened, Yasmin dug out all the noodles and water toys out for us.
Oh, and I realized, I have a harder time floating now. I blame cross country. My muscles are too heavy for my fat to allow me to sustain buoyancy or something. Oh, I felt smart saying that sentence! Anyhow, yeah, I can still float a little, but my face is dangerously close to the water and I feel like any disturbance of the water is going to run water up my nose, which is a feeling I would rather experience as little as possible.
Anyhow, time to tell my tale of stupidity. So there was this weird floating thing in the water swishing around. Since I was using just one noodle, water still splashed in my face. I assumed that floating thing was a flotation device, therefore grabbing a hold of it. It was kind of weird, though since it had a lid to it. When I opened and looked into it, it looked empty. I don't really remember anymore, but for a moment, I thought it was a storage device. Without really thinking about it, I put one of Yasmin's little cousin's toy duck in it, when Yasmin started yelling at me to take it out. I thought about asking why, but she seemed like she was going to kill me if I didn't already, so I turned it over to see what looked like soap fall out. Then Hee Soo and Yasmin started to panic because they knew that obviously what I did was dump a bunch of chlorine into the pool. Thanks to the pool net and Hee Soo's diving skills, Yasmin and Hee Soo were able to retrieve the clorine bars (or something, I actually still don't know what it is, I'll just be sure not to touch anything that's floating around in the water that has white stuff in it). I kind of felt like a dimwitted child for a while. I stood (floated) by idly, watching the adults work. It was rather dumb of me to put the rubber duck in the "container" since Yasmin told me before I did so to not to. This is why I get annoyed when people call me smart. No matter who it is or how many times they tell me I'm "smart", it'll never change the fact that I'm such an utter moron sometimes that I can't cover it up by acting wise or getting decent grades. At times like these I wish I could gouge my brain out and give it to science so they can find the cure to retardation. But as that one person from Drum Island (where Chopper is from) said in One Piece, "He strived to heal this island of illness, but there is no medicine that can cure stupidity!"

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home