Monday, July 20, 2009

Tee Hee

The Wok-Fu servers are currently down for maintenance, so I'm here to blog some more!
Yesterday night, I had a random burst of inspiration. Unfortunately it has no relation to the current story I'm writing, so I'm putting it aside for a new story. I think the idea came from that one Vocaloid video I was referring to a few blog posts ago. You know, with the mental hospital. Since I believe no one will steal my idea and claim it as their own, I'm going to briefly explain my idea. I don't really know how the idea came to me, I think I was wondering about how people ate if they were in straight jackets, so I got the idea that workers fed the patients. From there I came to the idea of a person working at a mental hospital falling in love with one of the patients. I kind of felt that the story wouldn't work as well if I just made it a one-sided, unrequited love sort of story, so more ideas started popping up in my head.
Here's what I got.
So the girl isn't really insane or in need of being separated and treated away from the rest of the world, to the reader's view anyways. The society is like the ones in Fahrenheit 451 or The Giver. As a quick explanation for those of you who may have not read the two books--which I think you should some point in time--the society is different from our's in the sense where the government limits the citizen's ability to independently think. Well, the society is going to be a bit like that, or so I plan to make it that way. Anyhow, I was thinking about putting in slavery into the story, where one girl openly spoke how she believed that there shouldn't be masters and slaves; everyone should be equal. Of course the government didn't like what she was doing, so they declared publicly that she was mentally ill, therefore putting her into solitary. Then a worker at a mental hospital comes along, just doing his job, when he gets a new patient, which is the girl who spoke of freedom (I've yet to think of names). He finds himself captivated by the strange glimmer in her eyes and her behavior, different from all the other patients who actually weren't mad before either, but they were all slowly driven crazy from solitude. This particular girl, however, seems to keep her cool (only on the outside perhaps) and the worker seems interested by it. As the story progresses, that interest starts to develop into love. He helps her break out and they go off to save the world.
Yeah, I'm not really sure about that last part, it seems a bit too farfetched. I haven't really worked out the details, not to mention my ideas are pretty glitchy all over the place, but it's just a rough idea about what the story may come to be. Anyone interested?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home