Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Faces of a Face

You know how I said ages ago in a blog post that I'm always contradicting myself? No? Well, I already clarified what I'm going to be talking about. Anyhow, so I believe I found one of my main personality/behavior differences. Most people who know me like to characterize me as "creative", but sometimes I'm just a plain old copycat. I find that whether it be painting or dancing, or maybe some other activity, I'm pretty capable at mimicking the example I am given. I paint "neat" as my teacher would say, I try to get in the details that the picture I'm looking at has. When my teacher is dancing, I watch carefully and try to do exactly as she does. I don't add my little own flair to my paintings, and I don't pop in more attitude in my dancing. I'm just copying. Then again, with my writing, I always have something similar to another idea. Not the entire story, though. But one line could be from an anime I was watching, and I thought it was really insightful, meaningful, or it just sounded cool. In a game I was watching my sister play, one character said, "I don't ask you to forgive me, but I do ask of you to forget me." Don't you think that's just a great, though a bit depressing, line? Anyhow, I might work along it or say something like, "I'm not going to ask you to forgive me, but please, forget me." Wouldn't that border the line of plagiarism, though? Well, yeah, I sometimes steal really interesting lines sometimes if it seems to fit my story, other times I can think of my own lines. This is one I thought of randomly, it's supposed to work with my idea from my other post. "'This is your duty!' (name) yelled, 'Don't go running off to the dark side!' 'Dark side? How can I in this world with no light?' I yelled back." It's pretty lame, but yeah, I liked it. Well, yeah, sometimes I can be a bit creative, other times, I'm just a mirror.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home